POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Normal indices in mesh2 : Normal indices in mesh2 Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:43:51 EDT (-0400)
  Normal indices in mesh2
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 30 Dec 2002 09:46:05
Message: <3e105c2d$1@news.povray.org>
(1)  The docs suggest that normal indices are optional.  I just took a
working mesh, added *only* a normal_vectors section, and got an error
message about missing  normal_indices.

(2)  IMHO,  you should build a complete, non-optimized mesh with all its
components (i.e.,  normal_indices)  before optimizing it.   The way it's
done in the docs leaves me totally confused as to what a normal_indices  is.